Android v2.2 and above
Overview: UCCW, or Ultimate Custom Widget, is a widget that lets you place custom clocks, battery meters,
weather info, and just about anything else right on your homescreen
UCCW BETA VERSION
“UCCW beta program will give users who opt-in access to the latest versions of UCCW for Android before the general release…”
One of Android’s greatest strength is customisation. UCCW takes this idea further to let you customise
widgets on homescreen. Even without rooting your device or installing a custom ROM or installing
a special launcher, you can do some incredible things to shape your phone to be just the way you want it.
UCCW, or Ultimate Custom Widget, is a widget that lets you place custom clocks, battery meters, weather
info, and just about anything else right on your homescreen. There is a sheer number of skins available
on Google Play and shared in various forums, and more skins are being added all the time.
Customization is often a difficult process, but not with UCCW. Just install a skin, and tell UCCW to
show it or make your own skin.
UCCW offers a WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor allowing to customise layout,
fonts, images, shapes, etc.
• Widget objects – text, shapes, images, weather, graphic (progress), analog clock etc.
• Text objects – calendar, weather, battery info, missed calls, sms, gmail, location, next calendar event, tasker variables
• Graphical objects – barcode, bar, pie
• Special objects – Week bar, Series clock
• Text mapping to override text values
• Hotspots (actionable areas on widget)
• Share skins with one press.
• Ability to customize objects for size, color, transparency, fonts etc.
Widget not updating
1. UCCW may be killed by task killers. So exclude UCCW in task killers.
2. Could be a launcher app issue; Try a different launcher.
Getting force closes
1. Uninstall UCCW and install again.
2. Check if Force closes are occuring with a particular skin; discard that skin.
3. Send a logcat if force closes continue.
Skins do not show
1. Google play skins may not appear for some custom roms or if screen density is changed.
Join the UCCW beta program here: http://uccw.vasudevsoftwares.com/uccw-beta-version/
App Permissions explained:
✦ Your messages – to show unread message count
✦ Storage – for saving skins
✦ Your location – to show location
✦ Network communication – for weather and ads
✦ Phone calls – to show missed calls number
✦ Your social information – for direct dial hotspot
✦ Your personal information – to show next calendar event
✦ Your accounts – for Gmail unread mails count
Notification text changed.
Some bugs removed
Donate feature unlocked/Ads removed